Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300MXE New Network Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangermouse1977

IS-IT--Management
Oct 27, 2007
GB
So I have inherited a very old Mitel 3300 phone system that is not under any form of support contract and so cannot be upgraded.
It's that old that I have to have a Win XP VM running IE6 in order to administer it as any more recent browser will not work.

Anyway - we are undertaking a complete network refresh at work, meaning that ideally I need to change the IP address of the phone system and put it on the new LAN range.
I'm happy that the phones keep having a 174. IP address but would really like the main control unit on the new LAN (it's currently on 10.31.*.* and will need to be 10.50.*.*

I don't know MITEL administration very well at all and I have no budget to try and find an external contractor so I wonder if there's anyone here on this board who knows MITEL well enough to advise how best I make this change in order that I don't lose access to it through network mis-config

Grateful for any help and happy to expand on any information you might need in order to assist.

Thanks

what is the version of the ipbx? I am assuming a V4.
in the ip parameters, all you have to do is change the ip + mask + gateway.

then you have to see if it's your mitel controller that does the dhcp or another.

Thanks for the reply.
I believe that we are running software V6 and having checked there is no System IP address field to be able to change... I read somewhere that it needs to be done via a console cable which is well beyond me!
Looking like I need to pay a tech to come in for a day and sort us out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back