Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300cxi Controller Password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitelsx2k

Programmer
Dec 6, 2006
GB
Hi I have just purchased a 3300 cxi it is about 1 year old, i can get in via the back door ie telnet to 192.168.1.2 and i have also connected 1 ip phone which is working ok, is there any way i can find out a login via the web page i have tried the default one which doesnt work.

umsure whether you can find a login.
There is a procedure that can be followed to default the system passwords, last time I posted it on here I got a message from admin having a moan........
Would this be usseful????

admin please dont bar me im trying to be helpful!!!!!!

* Get connected to 3300 using console cable :

* Type cd "/db/database/files"

* Then type rm "usrprfle.db"

Reboot the 3300..

This will default the username and password but leave all other programming.

Thanks do you mean ftp to the controller using mtce cable?

no i just use a standard serial lead, into the maintainence port, connect with terminal emulation eg hyperterminal / procomm etc 9600, 8, N, 1 press return so you get the -> icon, then follow the above.
I was wary the first time but ive followed this procedure 3/4 times now and ive never had issues.

I have tried it but still cannot login using system and password, do i put the speech marks as above.

James & mitelsx2k I have a 5550ip console which is not operating.Could you please go to the thread that I have posted titled <Mitel 5550ip console not getting ip> & see if you can assist me please.

Hello I have a similiar situation and I try logging in thru the console port to the => prompt but when I put in the cd /db/database/files I get an error stating syntax error. Am I doing somthing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back