Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 series PBX and NRX/NTR (Cybertech) Voip Recording Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2010
US
Does anyone have any experience with recording Mitel voip? I have a customer that seems cannot capture the VOIP? Wireshark doesnt see it either. We see UDP traffic when the calls are going but the logger does not record. Security is disabled and there is no SRT at the site. Can this logger record in passive mode? Are they using a nonstandard voip protocol?

Ideas?

thanks

The IDD actually shows two tabs for Mitel. I believe one is for passive while the other is Mitel CTI (Active). I'm just trying to figure out if the audio is in a nonstandard voip format when using Minet whith the security option disabled.

Thanks for the info anyways as always! :)

sorry seen 2nd tab now :)

seen below in knowledge base may help you along the way

Issue
Article - NICE Recording eXpress 6.1 : Mitel passive Missing call direction and CLI info on recorded calls with supported handset types
Products
NICE Recording eXpress
Product Versions
NICE Recording eXpress 6.1
Unit
Parrot DSC Card
Description

Symptom \ Error Message
missing CLI data from Mitel passive firmware.
Analysis
Mitel encrypt protocol containing CLI and this cannot be disabled in later (>v6?) versions of the Mitell 3300 PBX, so direct collection of metadata impossible. This requires directaudio mode to record and is effectively the same as using generic vox_voip firmware.
Solution
Fix / Resolution: Use Professional Services CDR to gather and insert the data. (Official CDR does not work in an IP enviroment)

Thanks for the additional information. It was determined that as traffic between the phones remain encrypted by design. The customer would have to use the SRC option to get internal calls. All traffic from the gateway works fine though.

Thanks for all the help as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back