Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 Ring Group to overflow to Nupoint voicemail box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

300Blackout

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2015
US
Mitel 3300...7.0 I am trying to get a ring group to overflow to a Nupoint Voicemail box. Right now I have ring group 6869 ring 10 times then it overflow to a ACD Path 6808 without any agents logged in and the Path unavailable goes to a phantom 6856.....6856 is Call Routing always to voicemail access....If I dial 6856 it goes straight to voicemail box 6856.....if I call ACD Path 6808 it goes straight to 6856 vm box....if I dial ring group 6869 without any phones in ring group it goes straight to 6856 vm box.....however if I add extensions to ring group and I dial 6869 it goes to "Welcome to the message center"....I have made this work with embedded Voicemail before but I can't get it to work with Nupoint VM box.....FYI I did try sending ring group straight phantom but doesn't work either...what am I missing....Any help appreciated

"and the Path unavailable goes to a phantom 6856."

there's your problem

If you want to use an ACD group to break integration and route to an alternate mailbox you need to use interflow. The call must queue before routing elsewhere. To achieve this, your phantom group must allow calls to queue with no agents logged in and the interflow should be set to a value greater than zero (I typically use 3 seconds). Do not use Path Unavailable.

Alternatively, and much more simply, unless you want it to route differently based on Day/Night Modes, you can simply set the Ring Group as 1 of 4 alternate extensions that integrate directly to the desired mailbox.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Either the NuPoint mailbox needs to be the same number as the original number dialled, or you add in the original number dialled as an "alternate extension" to the NuPoint mailbox, or you overflow instead to a Nametag type Hunt Group which goes to NuPoint - the Nametag Hunt Group will re-write the original number dialled so that the incoming call looks for correct the mailbox number.

@ VinceWhirlwind - Nametag Huntgroups are not reliable with Nupoint and shouldn't be used regardless.

The ACD method is reliable if you configure it correctly.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back