Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 double ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

laoidheach

Technical User
Oct 31, 2011
US
I am working on a Mitel 3300 that has a DID pointed to an emergency siren, however the double ring of the 3300 is not allowing the siren to answer. I am assuming it is looking at the double ring as a busy like a fax machine would. What I am looking to do is get rid of the double ring the system does for the emergency sirens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Assuming that the external siren is connected to an ONS extension you can create a Class of Service that includes the option "ONS/OPS Internal Ring Cadence for External Callers" set to Yes and assign that COS to the ONS extension that the siren is connected to.

From the Help file - ONS/OPS Internal Ring Cadence for External Callers Select "Yes" to allow programming of ONS lines to provide internal ringing for incoming external calls.

This is all set correctly, I am still getting double ring but the siren is answering,I am at a loss for the double ring

To eliminate the double ring people hear when calling into the system enable this COS feature in the COS of the trunks. It's in the Fax section of Class of Service options.

External Trunk Standard Ringback
Select "Yes" to return a single ring cadence on a trunk. Enable this feature when a trunk is used for modem dial-in access as the external double ring cadence is often detected as a busy by the modem.
Enable for Tie trunks to override the Ringing Cadence for Tie Line Calls setting in the Display of DASS OLI/TLI information requires that the ANI/DNIS field be enabled. form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back