Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 2nd Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirlwind5uk

Technical User
Aug 25, 2011
GB
Hi Everyone,

I have an odd one... It's a 3300 on version 4.0 SP3.

Basically, there is one handset on site, that they have programmed up to go on 1st alternative to a Hunt Group, and 2nd alternative to voicemail. Whenever you dial this extension number and it's free, it goes to that extensions voicemail rather than going to the hunt group.

I've checked the timers, there are no diverts setup on the 3300 or the handset, or the hunt group. I have back tracked it, and if we only have the 1st alternative filled in to push to the hunt group, it does work. As soon as we put the second alt in, we get voicemail and no hunt group.

Oddly, it does work ok when the extension is busy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Have you got the correct diverts in the call routing form..i.e. this in no answer as well as busy?

Yes, the Call Routing is set to follow on busy/no answer on both re-routes.

This is working now - Answer Plus Call Rerouting Timer in the CoS was set to 10 seconds.

There are 2 places you can control the timing of the 2nd alternative.

The COS Call Routing timer and the System Options timer.

I believe the COS option takes precedence.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back