Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3000 conference phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

laoidheach

Technical User
Oct 31, 2011
US
I have a customer that has a Mitel 3000 and wants a conference phone, dos anyone know if the Polycom 6000 or Polycom Soundstation Duo will work? Or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated....Thanks in advance, Lee

There is always the Mitel conference unit that fits on a standard IP phone ( works but you have to be careful with the software release of the 3300 for IP units. Any analogue unit will work on the analogue ports. SIP units are a bit more picky and it is as well to check that it is supported on the 3300 before purchase but I guess any can be made to work given enough time and effort.

Only my 2¢ worth..

As very nice as the available (and higher-end) IP conference phones are, none we've found or tried on either Mitel or Cisco platforms are FULL duplex, in spite of manufacturer's claims to the contrary. My users often complain that ever since our migration to VOIP that they are most often not able to interrupt the party speaking at the other end of the (conference phone) call.

Even the analog models, where the upstream voice path encounters an E2T transition seem to more or less suffer the same issue.

By comparison, using even some low-end analog conference phones with POTS lines (at both ends) users report the best results.

I guess it is what it is. Cell phones have taught us all to accept sub-standard call quality :)

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Just an FYI ClearOne Max Analog Conference phone works great on the Mitel 3000 and has an unbelievable wireless range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back