Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 2K QSig to Cisco Call Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2007
US
Just setup PRI QSig between Mitel 2K and Cisco UCM.
Issue I'm having is that a call on the 2K that is transferred to an ext on the UCM, that then fwds to v/m (which is on the 2K) is carrying the station ID of the party that transferred the call. When the caller is transferred, the calling party's ID is displayed on the UCM phone, but when forwarding to v/m it's the party who completed the transfer whose ID is sent to v/m.
Calls direct to UCM exts that forward to v/m are ok, and if cfwd always is set on a UCM ext transfers work as they should.
QSig diversion is not enabled, as it caused issues across the cluster with ext's forwarding to v/m.
Any help or ideas are appreciated!

The problem here is that the Mitel Cisco interprit QSIG in different ways, and this just happens to be one of those.

If you look at the CCS traces for CISCO and Mitel are the same apart from one bit of code.

This might be caused by the PRI software being old, I think the last load released was in 2006.

You might want to try and put an NSU in the way (if you can get your hands on one).

I know this does not help much, but this is the reason why you have this problem.

There is no 'I' in 'Team'

This is from cisco's interoperability portal but it is for the 3300 and not the 2K. Could not find anything on the 2K on cisco's website. It might however give you some ideas or find out why you can't make that work.

Obviously the integration is supported with the 3300 so you might want to look into getting rid of the 2K controller and replace it with a 3300 server if this is a must or a business requirement.

That's actually the doc we used - the only thing I had to do was pick out the few items to be configured in IMAT. I was able to stick with most all configuration settings (I'm assuming/hoping the guys programming the UCM did the same). I'm going to throw in an NSU tomorrow as Mitel100 suggested - hopefully that'll do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back