Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MITEL 2000 SX PLANE A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.

myhandlewas

Technical User
Jul 7, 2012
US
My switch will switch from plane A to B everynight. But once it goes on plane B it does not switch back to A. I need to force the switch back to A. Any suggestions. I have no errors or alarm. ECOMM can't help but would like me to switch to a 3300.

There should be a maintenace log generated when the system does its activity switch.
type logs read ma new 40(50,60 or however many logs you want to view)

When you force the switch back do you lose service?

Craig

You probably have a bad ckt switch matrix replace it.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

Try re-seating the Circuit Switch Matrix (MC243BA) card (on the inactive plane) first. (Don't do it on the active plance) Following a successful activity switch then re-seat the other (now inactive) circuit switch matrix card.

If the problem continues, then as suggested replace the card. No Spare? Give Terry Cunningham a call at Dean Communications (800-451-2089) They're about $300.

How are you forcing the activity switch, from the front panel of the SX2000 or from the command line? If doing so from the command line, does it reply with any message (i.e., "WARNING SERVICE WILL BE LOST" ?

Dunno how to force an activity switch from the coammand line?
"ACT SW 1 1 2" (forces an activity transfer from plane B to plane A
"ACT SW 1 1 7" (forces an activity transfer from plane A to plane B

Note that you must wait (typically 5 to 7 minutes) between successive transfers. I personally recommend waiting 15 minutes or longer. Always watch the screen for the warning message about losing service. If it ever warns you about a loss in service, then cancel (type in "NO" in response to the confirmation prompt.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back