Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Misspelling of name during registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

junebug12

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2002
US
Does anyone knows how to rename a mispelled name for Registered Office XP name? It's a company name and it was mispelled on the image, so all the other computers with Office XP has the incorrect name. Thanks in advance.

not 100% sure if this is what you're looking for, and it may be different in XP, but in word go to Tools>Options and click on the User Information Tab - you'll know what you're doing from here. In Excel do the same and click the general tab. I think you'll have to do it for all your office applications, the procedure is much the same for all of them.

I hope this is what you're looking for?

The info is in a registry folder named UserInfo. Unfortunately, it is encrypted. So, unless you know how todecode the hex coding, you are out of luck. The only way is uninstall completely and then re-install.

the info is in a registry folder named UserInfo. Unfortunately, it is encrypted. unless u know how to decode the hex coding, ur out of luck. the only way is uninstall completely and then re-install.

I've found out how to change this by searching for "regcompany" in the registry. Under the Microsoft Office tree, change the name. It worked! Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back