Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing zip code in field linked to Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRGeti

Programmer
Sep 19, 2001
US
Version of Goldmine is 5.5. Version of Word is 2003.
In Word, the command "Inserting Goldmine Field" does NOT drop the Zip code field for the &NameAddress item. The &NameTitleAddress item includes the zip code.

My guess is there is an error in the template behind this item. How would one edit these templates? Where are they located?

Nicholas Geti

You cannot edit the built-in macros. They're hard-coded.

That being said, it sounds like a bug. The current version of GoldMine, 2016.1, returns the appropriate information (zipcode and all) for both of those macros.

Doug Castell
Castell Computers

Thanks for your reply.
I have been trying to get a later version of Goldmine but I haven't found a download link anywhere. All links take me to third party vendors who want consulting fees or big bucks for the latest version.

Nicholas Geti

GoldMine is not a free program. It's not a matter of simply downloading the latest version and installing it. You need to purchase license(s) to use it. Licenses run about $695 per user, depending on how many you need. There are bundle deals available at the 3 and 5 user levels that can save some $$.

As far as actually installing the upgrade, it does, typically, involve consulting services due to the complexity of the steps involved. I've probably installed GoldMine thousands of times (literally thousands) so, I can tell you that while I could do it in a couple hours (maybe more, depending on the size/complexity of your GoldMine installation) it could take an inexperienced individual substantially longer to accomplish. That being said, there are product manuals available for the current version of the program that detail the installation procedures in detail.

If you're at all interested in obtaining a formal quote to get your GoldMine upgraded, feel free to contact me directly.

Doug Castell
Castell Computers

Well, the version I am currently using is more than adequate for what I want to do. Spending $695 to solve the zip code item hardly makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back