Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Zen application objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyrne

Technical User
Feb 15, 2001
GB
Hi, anyone help with thus:
2x Netware 4.11 servers, same tree.
Server1 had zenworks 2.0 (desktop) installed, but we experienced problems, so re-installed on server2.
Recently server1 has been experiencing problems regarding the raid array, so we intend removing this server.

In preparation for the server move, all home dirs\drive mappings have been switched to server2.
User logs on (nt4.0), maps drives, then runs nal explorer from login script.

Our problem is that if is disable login on server1 (we will soon be without it anyway), some users get all their icons, some only a few, and some don't get any. Who gets icons and who doesn't seems to be pretty random (it's not a case of some containers getting icons and others not).
If I enable login on server1 and user logs out and back in, everything is ok.

I also found (with login disabled on server1) that if I browse through an app objects props in nwadmn32 I sometimes cannot see associated objects, close app boject then go back in and can see associated objects, close and open again and their gone again. If login to server1 is enabled I have no problems.

Any Ideas?

Not sure, but sounds like server2 doesn't have a proper copy of the netware partition available to it... or I could be wrong - worth looking at.

Patrick Patrick

FLAMEWAR.GIF

thanks, but server2 is master rep of root (only) partition, and nothing in ndsmanager suggests any sync problems. Also, tried sending updates from server1 to server2, but did'nt help. I'm going to do a dsrepair first thing tomorrow.

Andy

Thanks, we've fixed it now. Server1 had a r\w replica. It was this server that we needed to shut down. Server 2 had master replica. I shut down both servers then brought server 2 back up and all is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back