Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing user controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

JScannell

Programmer
Jan 9, 2001
US
Several months ago, I created a toolbox folder called something (I can't remember). In that folder I added several user control dlls that I have created over the years. I then was able to simply drag-and-drop the control onto a windows form application as I needed it.

Today was the first time in a while that I went into the project that makes use of these user controls and lo and behold, they don't appear in my toolbox! (that's the reason why I don't know the name of the folder I created!).

But, the user controls that I have placed onto my forms are there. For example, I have a user control that I place on the top of every form. It is called clibTop_DataEntry.dll. I then name the control ucTop_DataEntry once I place it on my form. I can then initialize the items that are in that user control.

How did my toolbox have its entries deleted? I was all set to add a new user control to my list but they are all gone!

Thanks in advance,
Jerry

Jerry Scannell

I would open up the project folder outside of Visual Studio and see if they are in there but visual studio doesn't see them for some reason.

Look deeper into the Visual Studio files, you will find it eventually. It's in there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back