Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

missing toolbar 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeba1

Programmer
Jan 2, 2005
GB
i have created a filter toolbar in my access 2003 database.
Works fine on most machines, but is missing on others, i have to go into that pc and check the filter toolbar in the customize window,why on some pc's and not others ?

Don't know the reason right off hand, other than perhaps it can also be a local machine - application - setting perhaps... not sure.

But what about putting a bit of code in the Form_Load() event to make sure it's always enabled, so you don't have to run and fix it each time it happens... 'cause it should never happen in that case..

So, it looks like what you might need to your form's VBA module is this:
Code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
    Application.CommandBars("ToolbarName").Visible = True
End Sub

If you need to know how to get the code to show, just go to the Form properties (double-click top left of the form while in Design view is one way to get there) - Under Events tab of properties, click the build button (only one button will show when you hover over the text box... or just to the right of it) and then select "Code Builder". Then paste the "Application...." line from the code in my example between the "Private Sub Form_Load() line and the "End Sub" line.. save it (i always choose Debug - Compile before saving), go back and test opening the form again.

The only downside to using VBA code is that if the security settings are not changed, you'll always get a prompt asking if you want to allow macros, etc to be run.. but you may already have some of that, I've no idea..

Thanks for ideas.

I am about to move to 2010 version, any ideas on how to stop users changing the quick access toolbar, our users will see this and play!!!

Not off hand. I would suppose there is an option you can set to show or not show the quick access toolbar, but why would you want to remove it? It's a good tool to have handy.

Its not the toolbar I want to hide, but all the access options a user can get to if they right click on the qat.
I have found a way to hide/lock the navigation pane but ideally hiding all the access options is the best way.
Its to easy for users to make fundamental changes.

Well, as they always say, there's more than one way to skin a qat.

[blush]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back