Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing text in Mail in Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacey123

Technical User
Dec 10, 2001
GB

Hi all,

Have got a bit of an issue which I cannot solve and it's doing my head in, I have a user that is using NT 4 with Outlook 2000 and when another user sends him an internal/External mail he only gets half the mail (This is only intermittent) and the other half of the text is missing even in the preview pain window can anyone help?????? just can't seem to find anything on Microsoft's support page eh! I have tried everything Re-installing Service pack 6 for NT, All the Service pack updates and hot fix's for outlook (And no it's not my graphics driver!)

Peacey

Are you using Outlook connected to an Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP)server?

Yeah Are server is Running Exchange 5.5 with Imap 4

Try this fix. To view the message with AutoPreview, mark it as unread -or- To view both read and unread messages, turn on the option to "Preview all items".

Outlook defaults to Preview Unread Items using AutoPreview with IMAP servers. Only messages marked as Unread are displayed in AutoPreview. When you open the message the message is marked as Read, and AutoPreview does not display it.
To Mark a Message as Unread Right-click the message and click Mark as Unread on the shortcut menu. On the View menu, point to Current View, and click Customize Current View. In the View Summary dialog box, click Other Settings. In the AutoPreview section, click to select Preview All Items. Click OK, and OK, to close the dialog box.

The cause is only unread messages are displayed in AutoPreview when viewing messages on an IMAP server, by default. This is why it appears to be intermittent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back