Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing tables, queries.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

razchip

Technical User
Feb 2, 2001
US
I've had an odd thing occur with Access 2010, starting yesterday, if I copy a table, make a new query or any other action where a new object is created, it will not show up in the respective tabs for selection. If I close the program, they will then appear. Very frustrating and I don't recall changing any settings. I've tried changing some of the options but I haven't had any luck.

Example: copied the table 1gjw and named it 1gjwb
I am unable to see the table 1gjwb until I close access and reopen it.

Does anyone have an idea, thanks.

Thanks for the help.
Greg

Have never run into this before, and being in forced retirement, have spent a good 8 hours a day, for the past eight years, working half a dozen Access forums. Strange, odd and curious behavior is often a sign of corruption, and in this case it would appear to be corruption of the database, itself. I'd start out by copying everything into a new, blank file and see if that resolves the problem.

If this fails to resolve the anomaly, I'm guessing you may have to try a repair or re-install of Access itself, something I've never done. Is the problem present in more than one database or just the one?

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

The Devil's in the Details!

It's happening in all my databases, looks like I'll have to do a re-install.

Appreciate the comment.

Thanks for the help.
Greg

Sorry to hear that! You might try running the Microsoft Office Diagnostics (I assume that it is still present in 2010, since it only came out with v2007) before doing a complete re-install. I've never had the need, and so have no experience with it, but as Mort Sahl used to say, "What could it hurt?"
[ul]
[li]Click the Microsoft Office Button Button image, and then click Access Options.[/li]
[li]Click Resources.[/li]
[li]Click Diagnose, click Continue, and then click Start Diagnostics[/li]
[/ul]

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

Thanks for the suggestion, diagnostics were dropped with 2010, but I was able to run the repair in the control panel and it sees to have cleaned up the problem. Starting off the week on a better note.

Gjw

Thanks for the help.
Greg

Glad to hear that! Amazing that they only kept the diagnostics for a single version! I swear, the Boys of Redmond appear to be in love with the idea of change simply for change-sake!

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back