Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Some Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheh1

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
MY
Exchange 5.5 Sp 3 on Windows NT 4.0 Sp 5
My colleague complained that he did not receive messages he had expected to receive. The sender had already send to him all the messages over a period of the past 1 week, but my colleague did not receive them. Both my colleague and the sender have their mailbox in our exchange server. My colleague had no problem receiving other than those particular messages. He could receive other messages from the sender, meaning to say some of the messages from the sender get lost but not all.

When I checked the Mailbox Resources in Exchange, it showed that my colleagues had 60 messages in his mailbox of about 64 Mbytes. He could not retrieve (pull) those messages into his personal folders. We even tried to use different clients, even the OWA, but we cannot view those 60 messages. He could continue to retrieve future mails but not those 60 messages which might be the messages he claimed missing. How do we salvage those 60 messages, any workaround or some wise things to do ?
Thanks in advance.

Can you see these messages in the inbox? Can you see them with mdbvue? Exmerge? Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back