Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Scroll Bars for larger fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhuffst

Programmer
Jun 23, 2003
US
I have a form that fits on one screen and is fine for most people. However, there is one user that needs larger fonts to be able to see. I added scroll bars but they don't seem to show up. If I make the form really small, they show up but then it affects all the users. I tried to find size to fit (read that option in my searching) but can't find it. I am using access 2003 and my form has all of the items in the header. No details or footers. Any suggestions anyone?

If the scroll bars are turned on, they should appear if the screen is larger than the screen but otherwise won't be there...

I am guessing the screen actually fits on the user's screen and you want an easy way to make the text bigger? Really the only thing to do is to decrease the resolution.... if most people use 1024 x 768 try 800 x 600... I'm guessing most people these days use higher resolutions with wide screen monitors but those resolutions don't come to mind cold.

Lameid Thanks for responding. Your assumption is correct. The form actually fits on all of the users screens except for one. Her resolution is 800x600 but where the scroll bars should be seen it is brown and there isn't a bar displaying. If I size the window down (makes it really small for the ones with the higher resolution), then I can get scroll bars for everyone BUT the one at 800x600. I wasn't sure if there was a way to code the form to say use this height & width for Resolution A but change the height and width for Resolution B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back