Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing "Picture Enahnce Metafile" option from Paste Special in Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash575

MIS
Jun 16, 2008
Running Word 2003 SP 3 and IE 7 on Windows XP Pro SP3.

A user I support used to have the ability to copy a section of a spread sheet from a property analysis website from Internet Explorer and paste it into Word 2003 for her report.

When this user used to paste into Word they would select the Edit --> Paste Special option and then they had the option to choose "Picture Enhanced Metafile" however now that option is missing. Testing this on my own computer I do not have the option as well.

The only real change we made has been upgrading our clients’ computers IE from version 6 to 7.

Any way of turning this option back on or getting it back?

Thanks.

I don't have an answer, I'm afraid, but when you Copy something, the application you are copying from puts it on the Clipboard in various different formats. When you do a Paste Special, Word simply gives you the options of the various types that are on the Clipboard. Nothing you can do in Word will change that. I suggest you try asking in an IE Forum.

Enjoy,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

I'm working (slowly) on my own website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back