Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Public Folder Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACraib

MIS
Sep 7, 2001
GB
Hi All

Very strange one here. I've got a Public Folder that we file certain e-mails into. I look into them a couple of days ago and they were empty. no-one has deleted the e-mails (only 3 people have access)

Here is the strange part. I went to restore the items from backup and noticed that last nights backup of the PFs still contain the missing items.

I've looked at the folders from Outlook and Outlook Web Access and the items can't be seen.

Now I don't want to restore the items and it looks like they are actually there but can't be seen for some reason.

Anyone have any idea as to why this is happening ?

If you're using deleted item retention on the public folder, I beleive that the items will remain in the folder but in a hidden state. I'd say that someone has infact accidently deleted them, even if they don't realise it!

Add the dumpsteralwayson attribute ( to your outlook profile (or theirs) and then navigate to the folder and select Tools > Recover Deleted items. If the items where deleted they should be visible in the recover items window.

Another approach would be to use MFCMAPI to see if you can recover the items that way (

Ben Christian
MCSE, MCSA:Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back