Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing place button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2002
GB
I had to reinstall PM6.5 on 20 student workstations, using a different copy of the program than the one I'd used last semester. Should be the same program though right?

This time round, the button for placing clipart has vanished, and the students can't browse the categories for images.

Any help here, the lecturer's going nuts?

Was the old copy completely removed? You might want to use windows add/remove to uninstall.. then delete temp files, scan disk, defrag and even manually delete files from registry and reinstall and see if that clears it up.

Also, are you by any chance using and educational copy? if so, it may not have the clip art included.. educational copies are missing some of the extras. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Yeah, this probably is the educational version. the previous one had the clipart, but some git borrowed it and, well you know the drill.

Installation was from a clean build, so there were no remnants from the previous install.

The educational vs comes without a lot of the add-ons, including I suspect the clip art! When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Olay, thanks mate. Probably no point in checking any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back