Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP520

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2006
US
Greetings, All:

We are running Progression SQL 7.6.300C on SQL 2000.

One of my salesmen converted a quote to an order this morning and now we cannot find the order. We have looked in the open order, history and consolidated views and the order doesn't come up by order number. It also doesn't come up when using customer number. In the open order view it WILL come up by Item Number. But when you try to drill down on the Item Number, you get the message "No line items for this order".

I queried the ORORDHDR_SQL and ORORDLIN_SQL tables for the order number and it doesn't appear there so I don't believe it is an orphaned header or line record. When you run an audit trail report, it doesn't indicate the conversion from quote to order and simply ends with an ADD action on the line items. There are no DELETE actions.

Lastly, Multiple Level Item View is still showing an allocation for the order that is missing. But when you click the open orders button the order in question doesn't appear.

Can anyone shed some light on what may have happened? I couldn't find anything in the forum when I searched.

Thanks,

Chris Poulin

I am not sure if this can still happen because my users no longer attempt it but I used to have some really odd things happen in order entry if my users tried to use an order number that they started to enter then got out of. They would duplicate the order number that would come up using F5 on another user's station and one of the orders would be deleted - though I believe an error message would come up at the time. I have had some of these orders get really screwed up (line items from one order going to the other order's customer, etc.)Not sure if this is what happened here but thought I would mention it.

Celeste

My only though is this:

A quote by definition does not have a qty to ship. If the customer or item is not flagged as backorderable, then when you convert the quote to an order, you are in essence creating an invalid order. I thought maybe this was getting created then immediately deleted, just like if you had a partial shipment against a non-backorder customer's order.

Having said that, in 76400b, the quotes do convert, and the qty to ship is populated. I cannot test this in 76300c.

Can you recreate this behavior at will?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Don:

Thanks for the info. Customer is set to allow backorders. Both of the items on the order are set to allow backorders in the Item Master. It turns out that one item was backordered and one was not according to the audit trail report.

When I run the reset allocations report it shows that the allocations for the items on this order are incorrect.

I cannot re-create this behavior at will. I have instructed my sales people to re-create the order with a new order number and we will run the reset allocations process tonight.

Thanks for your help.

Chris Poulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back