Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing message body in send items (Outlook/Exchange)

Status
Not open for further replies.

evoroel

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2003
BE
Hi all

We have an issue where, for some users and some messages, the message body is missing when viewing the message in Send Items.

I don't know if those messages have the same issue when arriving at the customer.

Setup is: Outlook XP / Exchange 2000 (SBS).

I have Googled but did not find a solution.

First: Can anyone tell me if the messages are corrupt when arriving at the customer.

And second: How do I solve this issue?

Tnx
evoroel

evoroel

I'm not sure about the missing message at your end but surely the sensibel option is to ask the customer if they have had a ny problem with the mail you sent them rather than asking us to guess if they did or not.

You're right ofcourse, when I posted the message, I did not have this information.

Both customers responded that they recieved the message without body.

An included attachement got delevered, but no message body.

The message was send in HTML format, when viewing the source (in the Send Items folder) I got an empty document. Only the default html, head, meta and body tags are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back