Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Menu Bar iin Word97 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 1999
US
On one users W95 station, Word97 is missing the Menu Bar (File, Edit, View etc), and even uninstalling and reinstalling the program produces the same results. Any hints on how to get it to install properly, or at least get the menu bar back??<br>
<p>Fred Wagner<br><a href=mailto:frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us>frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I assume you have done the VIEW TOOLBARS STANDARD. This setting is left in the registry.<br>
<br>
My only suggestion is (don't try this at home kids) uninstall Office and then regedit. Ensure you remove all traces of Office (version 8.0) as well as anything else to do with Word.<br>
<br>
You could also check that Word has not docked the formatting toolbar over the standard one. Also, has the standard toolbar been sent off screen?

Thanks a bunch for the reply! Step one I will check -had not done it yet. Step 2 was going to be my next option - I had to do something similar with QuickTime 3.0 on my home PC to enable my wife's &quot;James Cameron's Titanic&quot; CD to install. Will let you know when/how we achieve success here -<br>
<p>Fred Wagner<br><a href=mailto:frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us>frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Time has flown, I know I solved the problem, but so much has happened since the first posts that I can't even remember which user HAD the problem. The suggestions here were definitely helpful, or I'd still have an open Trouble Ticket! Thank you Zelandakh! <p>Fred Wagner<br><a href=mailto:frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us>frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back