Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Menu and standard bar in Voice message. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoffdog

Technical User
Dec 1, 2003
US
I had a user move their menu bars off the voicemail message (for whatever reason is unknown to me) then closed the voicemail. The problem that has arose is that now when ever you open a voicemail in outlook both bars are still missing. I have been able to duplicate the problem very easily(on my own pc just to make sure). I have unistalled MM, outlook, deleted every reg key I could find for MM, rebooted then reinstalled everything. Still no dice. The menu bars appear if you do a new voicemail from the drop down menu, they just won't appear on any voicemails that you receive and listen to. Specs: Outlook 2003, MM 1.1 XP PRO. This one has VIA Group stumped too (Shameless Plug<--)

Thanks,
Ed

I was able to duplicate the problem as well with Outlook 2003, MM 1.1 and XP Pro SP2. I tried to first just remove the MM client and then re-install. I still had the problem of no toolbar when opening a voicemail message. I then did another remove of the MM client. I then used Windows Explorer to delete any left over files or folders in Program Files\Avaya Modular Messaging. I then went into the registry and removed the Octel\Geneva keys. I rebooted and then did another install of the MM client and rebooted. I then went into Outlook 2003 and double clicked on a voicemail message and both bars were there.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back