Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Info when grouping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokesy

Programmer
Jan 17, 2002
GB
My data is driven by unique codes for individual products. When grouping on the product I find that if there is no information for it, the product will not appear on the report or the drill down menu bar to the left???

Is there any way I can get the product to appear in the report (in the group heading?) with no information underneath?

Thanks
James

explain further....your data just is not being retrived...or the product header info is there but there is no associated data so the join is failing...a left outter jion may be all that is necessary.

Yep, there is no associated data with the product so it is not appearing on the report. Tried a right outer join on the two tables but this removed most of the fields on the report so did not try a left outer join? will try this now.

Thanks,
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back