Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing InBox items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HealthScope

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2004
US
One of my users InBox (outlook 2003/exchange 2003) shows that she has x number of messages in her inbox, but they are not showing up. Any ideas on how to make what's in the InBox show up?

Check that there aren't any filters set on the View for that folder.

Thanks - I figured that out shortly after posting my question. That was the problem.

Thanks for your response,

Sandi

I have a similar problem if anyone can help.
My problem is that I click send/recieve and it says it's downloading messages. When I check the inbox (or any other folder) there's no new mail. It's as if the mail gets downloaded and discarded completely.

When I check the mailbox via web mail, the box is empty. So I reconfigured the outlook account to use "leave a copy on server" and tried again. It downloads but does not show up. When I check via webmail, it's there.

I've uninstalled outlook, deleted my pst files, reinstalled outlook and everything was fine for a week and it started happening again.

Is there a 'view' applied as mentioned above? If not, look for mail rules that are doing something that you don't expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back