Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing images

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigozz

Programmer
Apr 12, 2001
GB
When pages load, sometimes all or some of the images are missing. I get the X in the corner of the box, and when I right click on it and select show picture, it loads.

I have reinstalled, tried other versions, but always the same thing happens.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

bigozz,

I am not certain exactly which one of these will fix the problem, but there is no harm in trying them all. Go to Start>Run, and type:

regsvr32.exe shdoc401.dll
regsvr32.exe webvw.dll
regsvr32.exe browseui.dll
regsvr32.exe THUMBVW.DLL

I would shutdowen and restart.

Depending in what application is the default viewer, this QuickTime fix may help:

Then shutdown and restart again.

reghakr

Hi there,

As reghakr said above, it could be that another program is the default viewer for jpegs or gifs.

Do you have any programs such as paint shop pro etc? and if so, I would just reset the file associations for gifs and jpegs. Open up my computer, then go to 'View', 'folder option', 'file types' and scroll down to the jpegs and gifs and click on edit. Make sure that the path points to iexplore.exe ("C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\iexplore.exe" -nohome).

Or after checking the file associations, if there is another progam taking over the jpegs and gifs, you could just uninstall this program, try internet explorer, reinstall the program but when doing so, say no if it asks to be the default program to display the images.

This should fix that problem.

Hope that this may help.
<!-- Killroy -->

Turns out it was Norton Personal Firewall, it deemed images as unsafe, so it would not show them.

Consider npfw binned!!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back