Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Function? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmallTime

Technical User
May 17, 2004
GB
I've recently come across the following message
“Function is not available in expressions in query expression Trim([No]&" "& [Streets])“.

Also Date Fields which were previously defaulted to something like Date() now show an error.

Something’s obviously gone awry.
My initial thoughts were it might have something to do with references but having checked all is Ok on that front.

Has anyone come across this before but more to the point does anyone know how to fix this?

Oh, most important. Everything works ok on my development machine the problem only arises when running an MDE in runtime.

Many thanks in advance

SmallTime
I've encountered that same error. I played with the references and found, as you thought, it is the result of a missing library reference. This is a wierd one. If you convert a 97 db to a 2002 db the error may occur if you have code. Try going to the VBE, select Tools || References and then select Microsoft Visual Basic For Applications Extensibility. Have no idea what that has to do with anything, but it fixes the problem. Although the error manifests itself while running queries, you have to fix a VBE reference. That's plenty wierd for me.

I'm sure it is references. Open the references on your development PC and uncheck any that are not required.

You can find a fairly complete discussion of this at
Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Many thanks.

That's what I suspected. I've been playing with them for while now without any luck. I'll keep trying and let you know if I get lucky.

Cheers for the help so far.

Oddest thing. I unchecked all my references closed the db reopened and checked the exact same ones an guess what? Don’t know why but everything works fine now.

Thanks for the keeping me steered in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back