Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Folders From Additional Mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurio71

Technical User
Oct 1, 2009
MX
4 users who have an additional mailbox in their Outlook 2007 client are missing sub-folders from the Inbox. This is the second time now. I created new profiles last week after the folders went missing the first time. Would like advice on troubleshooting corruption?

Level 1 Support Technician

Unchecking Download Shaared Folders in the Advanced tab fixed the missing folders. Hope it stays like that.

That setting determines whether those folders get copied to the .ost. If it wasn't chosen, then it would be normal for those folders to be missing when the computer is offline, but I'm a bit surprised if they were missing when the computer was connected to the internal network.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Maybe there's an issue with the additional mailbox itself? How could I diagnose mailbox issues?

No, it's not a corruption issue. It's a known problem with trying to cache shared folders that are set up the way you set it up. Best to leave that box unchecked so that it doesn't try to cache that data (and fail).

Unfortunately, that's not a good solution if some of your users use laptops and need to access that information while offline. A better solution would be to add the additional account as a new email account in the same profile rather than using the "Open these additional mailboxes" option. Unfortunately, you'd have to have Outlook 2010 to add more than one Exchange account to the profile, so you're kind of stuck with Outlook 2007.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Thanks Dave, appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back