Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Files??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryRumson

Technical User
Jan 23, 2002
US
Our SQL server is running fine. This morning I found out that the autoexec.bat and config.sys files are gone. They were in Friday nights back up and I had no errors on Monday night backup. The only thing I did was add some MS patches and reboot the server yesterday morning. Should I pull those files down from the back up or just leave the server alone. I believe those files aren't really used in W2K. Why would they disappear like that?

legacy files from the DOS era. Windows does not depend on these files. You can restore them elsewhere and use notepad, EDIT, etc. to view them and see if anything is actually being called in them, but I doubt it. autoexec is just a batch file so should be straight forward, and config.sys may have some old application crap in it if you installed anything old (I hope not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back