Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

missing files in folders on desktop 0_0

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixbix

Technical User
Nov 3, 2002
US
i know this is terrible but i'm not exactaly sure how this happened. i was doing something that effected my user profile. it was going through my desktop and i canceled it. then most of my shortcuts and folders i had on my desktop were gone. so i did a system restore and everything appeared to be fine. then (a couple days later. which is why i forgot how it happened) i opened a folder and every file inside was gone. it is the same for every folder on my desktop. i can still open the files from my recent files list in my programs. does anyone know how to recover these files? i lost a lot of things i was working on. *sigh. another kick in the "you had back ups? didn't you?" pants.

Do a nother system restore and recover the files (if u can go back that far) copoy the file and then delete your profile and dreate a new one that should work, let me know. Robert L. McRae
MCSE

I'd do a thorough looking round...searching for the names of the folders with Search/Find...I'd be surprised if they don't exist somewhere on the hard drive.

thr soultion came from the search idea. i found my files. they were all still there only hidden. thank you so much for your help. if i ever figure out why everything became hidden i will let you know. or if you have any ideas let me know, beacuse that part is still a mystery to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back