Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing files in Aldus Page Maker 5.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanooh

Technical User
Jan 14, 2011
GB
Hi, I am restoring my old Dell Optiplex G1 computer with Windows 3.1 and have original Aldus Page Maker 5.0 on floppies but because they were not in use for about 20 years few files there are corrupted. I ve used all known DOS tools to restore the files but it didn't help.
Probably the best way would be if somebody has this program and could help me restore the files. I am not sure but maybe if somebody has Adobe Page Maker 5.0 it will have same files?
Or if anybody knows a FTP site to download files?
In total I need about 14 files to restore full program.
Thank you for any help.
yanooh

A little bird tells me this now resolved… [thumbsup2]

Liverpool: Capital of Culture 2008
Anfield: Capital of Football since 1892
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Hi John,
Yes the problem was fully resolved with Adobe PageMaker 5.0 because I got enough files to restore full program from a gentleman down south.
At the moment I am thinking about starting new thread : how to network (by router) Vista computer with DOS computer. I tried even putting off UAC in Vista and cut off all firewalls and still in DOS computer I receive a message: acces has been denied! When I try to connect from Vista to DOS computer it is more less same story: the server does not allow acces ... From the other hand when I connect by a router Windows 98 and DOS computers everything works fine, both computers can read their files perfectly.Because you are probably IT technician maybe you tried similar things and could answer it /
If not I will just start new thread and see what happens.
This is really annoying that Microsoft want to cut off all their roots.
Janus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back