Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing file

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsilveira

MIS
Feb 7, 2005
CA
Hi,

I recently upgrade to Office 2003 (mandatory) and had develop a vba application using Access 2000. When I open the database using Office 2003, i get the following message:
your Microsoft Access DB or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'mscomct2.ocx' version 2.

Does anyone have any ideas how i can fix this?

thanks,
jsilveira

It looks like your reference link got broken in your VBA code. This happens when you move up to a new version of office. You'll need to go into the VBA code and go to Tools, References. From there, you will see several reference files selected or checked off. One of these will say "MISSING" in front of it. Should be the Microsoft Windows Common Controls. You'll need to deselect this one that says "MISSING" and scroll further down in the list. There should be a newer version of this that you can select. Once you select the new version, click Okay. Close out and reopen the application and you should be good to go.

Does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back