Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

missing field list - going nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikecollett

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
NZ
where the hell is my field list in form/report design!?!?!?
the toggle button is on, but the list is nowhere to be seen. I got two new lcd screens the other day and havent seen it since! ive tried swapping the monitors around and on/off in the settings, but that doesnt seem to help. i am assuming it is hiding off to the side and tried clicking and dragging every mm around both screens several times. i am using the properties box to assign values to a text box as an interim, but that is a real pain in the a##! any suggestions would stop me going completely insane. thanks in frustrated anticipation.
mike

A long time ago someone posted a similar question and the solution is somehow related to the "Sorting and Grouping" in the report design. You may trying bringing up the "Sorting and Grouping" screen.

Seaport

If you haven't changed your screen resolution lately then I don't think this will help but it does sound similar to a problem I had in the past...

Lets say I set my screen resolution to 1200x1048 and then the next day for whatever reason I set it to 640x480. I found that access was storing the last known position of those windows that I put 'out to the side' on the higher resolution, so technically those windows were positioned just outside of my now 640x480 resolution (guess access doesn't know any better!).

My solution was simply to take the the resolution back up, grab the missing window and bring it closer to center screen, I would then set the resolution back down and there it was!

[yinyang]
Shann

hi!
i tried playing with the creen settings, but didnt work :-(
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back