Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

missing external _errno?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdad5727

Programmer
Feb 28, 2005
US
I have this vc6 project that I inherited, that "always worked before" and "hasn't been changed" that has suddenly stoped linking. I'm getting numerous undefined external references to _errno. I can't figure out who's supposed to define it.

stdlib.h contains the line:

Code:
#if     (defined(_MT) || defined(_DLL)) && !defined(_MAC)
_CRTIMP int * __cdecl _errno(void);

which I guess is making the request.

Just for fun, here's the LINK line from the .plg:
Code:
Creating temporary file "C:\DOCUME~1\GRAHAM~1.NEO\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSP11D.tmp" with contents
[
sxl.lib ..\shared\except\lib\ex_mtbg.lib nafxcwd.lib libcmtd.lib netapi32.lib user32.lib comdlg32.lib comctl32.lib gdi32.lib advapi32.lib lmgr.lib lm_new.obj oldnames.lib kernel32.lib ws2_32.lib /nologo /subsystem:console /incremental:yes /pdb:"..\bin/webHeatmapsg.pdb" /debug /machine:I386 /nodefaultlib:"nafxcwd.lib" /nodefaultlib:"libcpmtd.lib" /nodefaultlib:"LIBCD.lib" /nodefaultlib:"libcpd.lib" /nodefaultlib:"libcmt.lib" /out:"..\bin/webHeatmapsg.exe" /libpath:"..\shared\sxl\lib" /libpath:"g:\flex_sdk\webheatmaps\objs"

If anybody knows what's going on here, or what library should or should not be on the list, I'd appreciate the help!!!

Check Ignore all default libraries flag in the project settings (Link category). It seems it must be off in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back