Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing entry in Files Of Type list

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEdgar7863

Technical User
Jul 27, 2005
GB
I have a Lotus Notes .nsf file (v6.5) which I would like to open in Approach 9.8 (Millennium Edition).

The help file says "Go to File > Open" and "choose Lotus Notes - Local from Files Of Type".
The problem I have is that Lotus Notes - Local does not appear in my Files Of Type list.

Can anyone suggest why this might be?

Thanks,
Martin Edgar.

I think maybe not all file types that SmartSuite could support install with a default install. You may have to do a custom install of Approach and add that particular file type if it is in the Lotus list of supported file types.

I don't know if you can do that as an added item to the existing install or whether you have to completely redo things.

Thanks diogenes10.

I have had a message from the SmartSuite Forum on the IBM website suggesting that a local installation of Notes is necessary before it will be picked up by Approach. I'll have to see if I can force the option to install manually.

I have also asked the correspondent on the IBM Forum if it is only the Notes ID file which is required.

Regards,

Martin.

It appears from the IBM forum that a local installation of Notes IS necessary. It's not just a case of ID information, but other files are required.

Thanks to all who answered.

Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back