Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Dimension Keys in DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswayze

Programmer
Jun 22, 2010
US
Does DMR have a way of handling fact rows with a null dimension key. I have set the joins to "outer" in the Framework, but when creating a crosstab report , I lose rows (or columns) where the fact row has a NULL foreign key for that dimension. I have tried using a coalesce, but in doing so, I lose drill capability. Short of adding an "Unknown" row to each dimension and defaulting the fact table's foreign key to "0", is there any other option?

Doubtful..

If I assign _businessKey and _memberCaption to the same object then the DMR model copes with the null values.

If I assign the _businessKey to the real key (which has missing values) then dragging this into Analysis Studio results in a MUN error

So ,in the latter case I literally lose part of the data associated with the records having a nulled key..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back