Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing dellbio.bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCSLOY

Technical User
Jun 7, 2007
NO
I am wondering if anyone has seen the above at starup……

I was called out to a customer today who server was down showing the above message. After a little googling, I decided to run a repair install of sbs 2003 and all was well until I installed the latest updates from Microsoft and after a restart the same message appeared. (btw the server is a fujtsu tx150 ,sata raid 1) I ran the repair install once more and this time turned off updates and and yet again, I was greeted with the same message and tried several restarts with no luck.Then by chance, I inserted disc 1 for sbs and restarted the server and without allowing the the server to boot from the cd, the system came up! I did try restarting again without the cd inserted and was greeted with the fault message.Very strange! Does anyone know what the dellbio.bin is? All I have found om google points towards a linux/unix file or a Dell reinstallation file. Is it possibly a virus? The server is running Trend Micro standard 6.1.. Thank you all for reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back