Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

missing database window 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexter195

Programmer
Jun 18, 2003
EU
hi,
i was working on one of my forms when all of a sudden the database window that has the tables, queries, forms, macros etc dissapeared. i cant scroll down to see if it just went off the screen. ive exteneded it accross 2 19" monitors and put the resolution up to 2048 X 1536 on both and i still cant find it. ive gone through a ton of options to see if i can find it but ive gotton nowhere.

any thoughts???

dex

Restart access holding down the shift key when opening your database.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

You have of course tried some of the obvious ones
* hitting F11
* windows menu, unhide
* closing and opening whith SHIFT pressed

I once had something similar happening with the properties dialog, and found some property deep in the desktop | setting | advanced - some border/no border thingie - don't remember

Roy-Vidar

ive tried that but i hadnt got that option enabled. ive messed about with those options to see if they would make any difference but still nothing

im stumpped. ive looked through all the commands and stuff and nothing will bring the database window up. ive gotton the toolbar icon thats supposed to hide/unhide it (i.e. press F11) and that did nothing. unfortunitly ive done a lot with the database in the last 2 hours and i didnt make a backup of it.

id be willing to copy and paste all the tables, forms, queries etc to another database...... if i could see the objects. do any of ye know a way to do this without the database window???

dex

Create a new database, then File | Get External Data | Import, select this database...

Is it only in one database the database window is lost, or does it occur on all databases?

Roy-Vidar

luckely its just this one. ive tested out a few of me other backups and their fine. ill give that importing a go.

cheers for the help :D

dex

yup that importing was the best, nice, quick and painless way to fix that problem. thanks again Roy-Vidar :D

dex

I know this is a late reply, but I've just had the same problem and found a solution.

Access the database window (not visible) using Shift key when opening the database or F11 from a non-modal form.

Click 'Window' -> 'Tile Windows Horizontally'

Hey Presto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back