Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing DataAdapter in VB.NET Toolbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smil3y

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2004
AU
I am reading through a reference book for VB.NET and it mentions using the Data Adapter configuration wizard. ie Select from data in the toolbox. I do not have the data adapter displayed.

Am using XP SP3 and have tried all the MDAC 2.8 (incl SP1) but still no luck. How do I get access to the data adapter?
regards

The book is for the version of VB.NET/VS you are using? Have you skipped any pages as they may have explained how to do that as a step in another chapter. For vs2005 at least as far as I've seen there is no way to add a DataAdapter to the toolbox.

-I hate Microsoft!
-Forever and always forward.
-My kingdom for a edit button!

Yes it is an older book - Murach VB.NET Database programming with ADO.NET (suspectv1).

My VS is 2005 - but dataAdapter is not visible in toolbox

DataAdapter has been replaced in VS2005 with the TableAdapter. You still have access to the older data components and can add them to your toolbox by right-clicking, selecting "Choose Items..." and adding the components you need from the dialog box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back