Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Data in BOE 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithsc

MIS
Apr 20, 2007
GB
I've got this really simple report that is grouped by customer code and, when run from crystal reports (locally on my machine) works perfectly and shows me 10 groups of data. If I save this report into Business Object Enterprise, add the database password and then schedule it to run straight away I only get 9 groups of data. I've check the 'Database Records Read' property on the Crystal Reports Processing Server and it is set to 0 (unlimited) and the connections to the datasources are the same for my machine and the business objects server.

I know the report is fine cause it works in crystal but I can't understand why 1 group of data is missing in BOE.

Any thoughts on where I might look for a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart.

Is it connecting to the same physical database in both Crystal and in BO? What type of database and what type of connection (native, ODBC, OleDB) are you using?

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

They are both connecting to the same SQL database using an ODBC connection. I've checked the odbc connections on my machine which has crystal reports and on the business objects server and they are exactly the same.

Are they using the same driver for SQL Server? They need to be using the SQL Server Native Client either version 10 or 11. The driver that is automatically installed with Windows Server doesn't always work correctly for this.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Ahh. My machine has only got the SQL server driver where the business object server has the SQL Server Native Client 10.0. I'll update my machine's driver and see if that makes a difference.

Both my machine and the BO server have the same Native Client 10.0 odbc and I'm still getting less data from BO.[banghead]

Are you using an OleDB connection or ODBC? If it's ODBC, try OleDB or if it's OleDB try ODBC.

-Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back