Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing activeex.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

driggels

Programmer
Jul 11, 2001
US
After I converted an Access 97 database to Access 2000, the converted database would not compile. I found out that activeex.dll was missing. I copied an old version of activeex.dll from an NT machine, but the converted database still would not work. Is this an install problem? When I installed Access 2000 should activeex.dll have been loaded? If not, where can I get it? Any help you may be able to give me will be greatly appreciated.

I hope there's a good answer for you. I once had a similar problem and ended up using an old copy of the db with the same code. I replaced the proper ocx several times. Although the code was the same, it wouldn't work. The old one did, so I copied it and updated the data. Again, I hope someone can provide a better option for you, but here's a last resort option if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back