Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missed customer pre-payment/down payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripplanningmom

Technical User
Aug 1, 2013
US
On the last day of the month (Wednesday) I applied a payment to an invoice per the notes in the job that the customer "prepaid in full". I updated the batch that the invoice was in. Today, I had a sales slip in my inbox. It had the prepayment on it. These usually get applied to accounts receivable prior to the related jobs being submitted to me for billing. That wasn't the case this time. Items were submitted to me in reverse order which has me somewhat confused.

The problem is that I now need to make sure the prepayment shows up in accounts receivable. It doesn't yet because it was never entered. . .only applied to the invoice. The customer account has a $0 balance because the invoice has been updated that had a payment applied to it.

I need to get this taken care of as quickly as I can. It's a unique situation that I've never seen before so I'm stumped on how to handle it. I would greatly appreciate input that anyone out there might have.

IF the invoice shows a zero (0) dollar balance then the amount was NOT applied to AR, it was applied to some other account. Look at the setup options to find out which account it went to. Then just do a cash receipts and in the customer number box enter CASH and do a GL type entry and select that account. This will take the money out of the holding account and put it into cash. And I am assuming the money went into cash in some fashion.

Visit Sage's Online Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back