Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

missed calls in a Huntgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

discokrueger

Technical User
May 11, 2006
CH
I'm working with CCM 4.1(3)sr3c with CSCsb42763 Workaround for Hunt Pickup.

Imagine a user, who's first in a Hunt, is not on his seat for about an hour. When he come back, he has about 30 missed calls.

Is there a way to differentiate between direct and huntcalls?

Are there any Solutions 4 that?

Any missed call on that phone will appear as a missed call regardless of where it came from (voice mail transfer, another phone transfer, direct call or call coming from a hunt group).
The same applies for all DN's that appear on that phone.

Depends on the number of groups and who has the hunt group - i.e how important are they to you being paid. Instead of the Pilot DN of the Hunt group being a PDN, you could re-configure the Hunt group Pilot as a normal handset with names, labels etc and then forward that to a new "dummy" hunt group containig the orginal users- this may show the orginal name of the "called hunt group" when it is in the call log- a lot of work depending on the number of hunt group hence the who pays you question

Since that phone will be CFA to the hynt group it will not show any missed calls ever and if it does it would be all incoming calls to that number. I would be surprised if iptuser solution works.

iptuser have you actually tried this and it worked?

Just wondering

Just a thought, if you have CDR enabled, then you should be able to find the relevant entries from the CDR to see whether the call was originally called through to the huntgroup or direct.

The solution I suggested was given to me by a Cisco SE though that probably doesn`t` say a lot. The idea is that the Pilot DN is now a normal handset and has a label , display of Service Desk, IT etc or what ever the name of the hunt group is. This handset is now forwarded to the real Hunt group which has a dummy Pilot number not known to anyone so hopefully any calls via the original handset will hit the hunt group phones and will display the name of the pilot DN Service Desk, IT etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back