Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missed call on CCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgangadeen

Technical User
Jun 23, 2007
GB
I am getting a small technical problem on one of our site. When a caller gets a missed call from an external number, for example he gets the missed call as 2576510, he has to redial the number manually by inserting a 9 (to pick up a line) in front of 2576510.

Is there a way to dial the missed call automatically by just pressing the dial button after checking the missed call?

sorry, there isnt. they could however hightlight the missed call number hit editdial then type in a 9 and or a 1 and hit dial. That will save then pain of have to dial the whole number. Then if they need to redial they can use placed calls and the entire number including the 9 and 1 will be there and can be used by hitting dial.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

There are three ways to do this

1. Enterprise parms

2. Inbound Translation pattterns

3. Outbound translations

You can create a 0! route pattern in the CCM if you are in the UK so that when you press the missed calls the CLI will be able to be routed as you now have a route pattern of 0! You can use the Enterprise Parms- I forgot where but there are 3/4 lines which mention unknown, subscriber, international and national number - you just add the 9 or if you also are missing the leading digit 0 then 90. This will then be seen in the Missed calls allowing you to use the normal route patterns

I can't find anything in Enterprise paremters on 4.2(3)
Can you tell me the exact place please?

I came across this several days ago.....

By adding a translation rule to correct incoming calls caller ID information, you can remove the area code for local calls, and add a 1 for long distance calls. Add the following translation rule to your configuration then apply it to your incoming voice ports (i.e. FXO or PRI). This will enable you to correctly be able to place outgoing calls from the Missed Call/Received Calls directory. Replace 559 in the example with your area code. Remove the 9 if you don't need an outbound dial number.

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /^559\(.*\)/ /9\1/
rule 2 /\(..........\)/ /91\1/
!
voice translation-profile filter_559
translate calling 1
!
voice-port 1/0
translation-profile incoming filter_559
!
voice-port 1/1
translation-profile incoming filter_559

To test and troubleshoot the proper operation of the translation-rule, use the "test voice translation-rule 1 <number>" command. An example below shows the area code being removed, and a 9 correctly being added.

CCME30-1751V#test voice translation-rule 1 5591234567
Matched with rule 1
Original number: 5591234567

Translated number: 91234567

Original number type: none

Translated number type: none

Original number plan: none

Translated number plan: none

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

Sorry, it is in the service parms for Call Manager under the ISDN section I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back