Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missed Call / Email Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gusbenz

Technical User
Oct 11, 2015
US
Is there a way to setup the IP500 V2 to send an email notification for a missed call.

Yes. Only if it reaches the users voicemail. If the phone only rings once, and doesn't go to voicemail, then no notification. Requires voicemail pro, and for that user, just setup a email action that sends the caller id and date and time, then goes to a leave mail action so they can actually leave a message.
However, if you already have email setup, just do voicemail to email.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Is there anyway to do it without Voicemail Pro. Also is there a way to see a missed call after just 1 or 2 rings.

Nope.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

I did this once with 'Blue's Professional' from Imagicle.
This is a callaccounting tool. Nice and not expensive.
One feature is, it can send 'Alarm' E-mails when certain criteria is met. Like calls to strange destinations, long duration, ect. And one criteria is unanswered calls. It will sent one mail per 5 minutes.
They have a simple huntgroup for the sales number. If they could not answer one or more calls, then they get a mail with a list of numbers trying to call during the last 5 minutes. As soon as the can, they call everyone back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back