Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mismatch in JOIN expression 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezaccess

Technical User
Sep 14, 2000
US
I am a user of Microsoft Access 97 and one of my coworkers was attempting to do a query when she experienced some problems that I can not document. Nevertheless, when she clicked the open button on the form tab to open the database she received a message that reads "type mismatch in JOIN expression". Further investigation reveals this to be Error 3615.

Hence, I am unable to input new records because I can not solve this error and it does not allow me to open the database. (when I click OK on the error message the error window just closes)

How do I resolve this problem?

thanks
Roosevelt

You can troubleshoot that problem by opening the properties of the form and clicking on the "..." button to the right of the 'RecordSource' property (assuming its populated at design-time). This will open the QBE and it will allow you to make adjustments to fix the problem.

Otherwise, take SQL (ie. SELECT * FROM Table1 ) from the 'RecordSource' , and create a test query. In the test query, go to SQL view and paste the SQL of the query from the form. You should be able to troubleshoot the problem from there.

If you are still having trouble, then please post the SQL from that query you are having trouble with and I am sure one of us will help.

Gary
gwinn7

I don't if this helps but the problem your having is that you linked fields in your tables somewhere that are different datatypes ie: text and number fields are linked. If you can get into the database click on the relaionships button and check all the relationships between the tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back