Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Misc Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathie1101

Technical User
Apr 19, 2002
GB
Hi I am very new to Access (using 2000)and with the help of people on here I have more or less got my database working how I want. However I got 1 problem left and I don't know what will be the best way to over come it. My database consists of various tables/queries & forms which basically calculates the cost of producing my handmade goods. I have a form and subform which takes data from my tables & queries to show the materials used and calculate the cost. I am using a combo box to insert the products used (the data is stored in my products table) and this autofills my unit price box. This is fine for most stuff but now & again I use materials that I would not list in my products table, such as scraps of card & left overs. What I need to be able to do is have a box on my form that will allow me to put in miscellaneous items and put the cost in myself. I need these extra items used to show in my tables named Cards Made & Cards Made Detail, but not to show in my products table.

Any suggestions on how the best way would be? Please bear in mind that I am new to Access, so please give me step by step help if possible.

Hope you can understand what I mean, If I need to give more info please let me know

TIA

Kathie

Hallo,

It's tricky without seeing your database structure, but it would probably be quite difficult to add in what I think you're after.

What about creating some extra materials entries for scraps of card and leftovers?
If you needed them to have various costs associated with them then you could have expensive card, cheap card etc.
Or just a general Miscellaneous category (maybe £1 miscellaneous, £2 miscellaneous etc.)

That's about the best I can do without further info,

- Frink

Put 2 extra columns in your Crads Made Detail table, have these as 1 Text and 1 Currency or number.

Then input the values from your form there, so it won't link back to anything but to that table. Craig, mailto:sander@cogeco.ca

Remember not to name the Lambs...
It only makes the chops harder to swallow

Set the combo box's Limit To List property to NO. Now you should be able to enter items not necessarily in your products table. Since the Price column will be Null, no data will be pushed into the Price textbox

Then go ahead and manually enter the price in the appropriate text box.

Cheers, Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back