Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mis-Shipments

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP520

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2006
US
Greetings, All:

We are running Progressions SQL 7.6.300C on MSSQL 2000.

I want to know how folks are handling mis-shipments through the RMA module. By mis-shipment I mean the wrong item is shipped to the customer.

Example: Our customer orders Item A, we mistakenly ship Item B. Now, our inventory numbers do not match the physical on-hand inventory. Item A physically has more than Macola shows and Item B has physically less than Macola shows.

When issuing an RMA, it wants you to enter the item that was ORDERED as opposed to the item that was actually shipped. So, the return would be for Item A when what we would actually be receiving back would be Item B.

How are others keeping this straight?

I look forward to any suggestions.

Chris Poulin

I would perform an issue and a receipt on the 2 items, and charge the [roper COGS account on each transaction.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

RMA Approach
I beleive I have advised entering two line on the RMA one with the "Item A" that your are crediting as a Action Code "C" and one with an action code of "N" new order. The Action Code "N" item would be for the correct item "Item B".

Manual Approach:
Note you could also do a action code "R" for the item on the original invoice which will create an order with a qty of 1 and -1 for "Item A", I would then delete the qty 1 item and replace it with the correct item "Item B".

No RMA - Inventory only :
Or Dgillz approach will work for inventory, only issue would be sales history off on item level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back